All the products hairMax laser comb devices are popular with both men and women suffering hair loss from across the world.
The devices, which are mainly laser comb and laser bands, work to regrow hair by targeting the hair follicles directly. The devices use the LLLT method from their red light therapy to eliminate hair loss. In this article, we take a deeper look at three of the best HairMax laser treatment devices for hair regrowth.
Read Next: Restore Laser Hair Growth System Reviews
HairMax Laser Combs reviews
HairMax Ultima 9 Classic Laser Comb
HairMax Ultima 9 Classic Laser Comb is one of the best devices in the range of HairMax products. The laser comb does not have any LEDs but comes with 9 medical-grade lasers. The lasers deliver 650 nm of energy directly to the hair follicles to help with hair regrowth and treat hair loss.
Using the laser comb correctly and timely enables you to see positive results in 12 to 16 weeks. You however do not stop using the comb after noticing the first positive results. For better growth results, you have to continue using the laser comb.
Treatment time takes only 11 minutes. You should use the device three times a week at the most. The FDA approved medical laser comb is lightweight and cordless which makes it easily portable. It is also easy to use from the comfort of your home.
How to use
Before using the device, make sure that you charge by either plugging it directly into a power port or by using a USB port. The device takes two to three hours to charge. Press the lower button then the upper button of the device that activates the lasers. Also, ensure that your hair is clean and dry before starting the session.
After the device goes on, press it on the forehead where your hairline begins and press it on the scalp. When the device beeps, move it an inch further down your hair ensuring that the teeth of the comb press on the scalp. The laser combs beeps after a movement of every inch.
Repeat the movement until you get to the end of the hairline. Repeat the same process on the same line three times before moving to another part of the hairline. The treatment session takes 11 minutes, after which you switch off the device and clean it.
- Easy to use–The cordless ad lightweight device makes it easy to use and to travel with
- Money back guarantee-The laser comb comes with a 90-day money back guarantee, which is enough time for you to check out if it really works
- 2-year warranty–The two year is on the device and the battery
- Durable battery–The lithium-ion battery life of the device is ten years and it comes with a convenient charging cradle
- Soothing experience–Using the laser comb sooths your scalp making you feel calm and relaxed
- Beeping timer–After every four seconds, the timer beeps which is a reminder to move to the next section of your hairline
- User manual–For those using the laser comb for the first time, it comes with a user manual
- Treats hair loss–The laser comb treats hair loss rejuvenates hair back to growth, improves thickness and leaves hair well nourished
- Additional products–With every purchase, you get HairMax shampoo and conditioner, vitamins and scalp treatment.
- Expensive–It is more costly compared to laser combs from other brands
- Patience–You need patience to keep combing through the hair for 11 minutes and more
HairMax Ultima 9 has an average rating of 4.5 stars from 29 customers on amazon with 61% of them giving 5 stars. Majority of the reviews are all in praise of the product and a few complained about the cost but agreed that the effects of the product were worth every penny.
HairMax Ultima 12 Laser Comb
The HairMax Ultima 12-Laser Comb is one of the most advanced devices in the HairMax range of laser products. It uses a rechargeable lithium-ion powered battery. The comb uses twelve lasers and it comes with an LCD screen that displays the percentage of the battery and the treatment time.
It is also one of the most expensive HairMax laser combs. The laser comb works by getting into the hair follicles and the scalp to help in hair thickening and treating hair loss. The lasers nourish the scalp giving the scalp a new lease of life.
The FDA cleared device weighs only 2lb and measures 10 inches long. It is easy to use and to help you with that, it comes with a user manual. For easy portability, the device comes with a travel case.
- High-powered battery-The lithium-ion battery gives the device string and effective
- 12-high powered lasers–With 12 lasers, this device is one of the most potent in the market
- Easy to use–The laser comb comes with a user manual, which makes it even easier to use
- Lightweight and easily portable–The laser comb weighs only 2lb, which makes it, light enough to use and carry with you everywhere you go. For the convenience of portability, it also comes with a travel case.
- Dual voltage–You can use it outside the US because it has a dual voltage
- Thickens hair–The lasers penetrate into the scalp to target the hair follicles for hair thickening and hair loss treatment.
- Expensive–The laser comb is one of the most expensive devices of its kind in the market
- Limited effects–Compared to other HairMax laser devices, it has limited effects on hair regrowth and balding as it does not create new hair follicles. It is however great at hair thickening.
- Does not work the same for everyone–Some of the customers get positive results from using the device while others do not get effective results
How to use
Connect either the laser comb or the cradle directly to a charging port and wait for two to three hours until the process completes. The indicator flushes red when charging but remains still after charging fully. Take the laser comb from the cradle and switch on the light that will turn green to imply that it is ready for use.
Place the laser comb on your hairline ensuring that both rows of the comb teeth are touching the scalp. Glide the laser comb moving it to a different section after every four second. The comb beeps after the four seconds. Repeat the same procedure on all the parts of your hairline starting from the front towards the end.
Repeat this procedure three times a week and switch off the comb after every treatment. Make sure you clean your device after use.
The Ultima 12 Laser Comb has mixed reactions from users on amazon. The average rating is 4 stars from 24 ratings. Out of these, 52% gave the device a five star rating.
Majority of the customers wrote that after a long period of using the laser comb, it worked effectively on their hair loss problems. Others claim that even after using it for long, there are no changes. Overall, the device though expensive is worth the cost according to many of the customers.
HairMax LaserBand 82
Besides laser combs, HairMax also manufactures other devices for hair loss treatment. Among these are hair bands and one of the most effective band on their list is HairMax LaserBand 82. The hairband administers laser light to the follicles using 82 medical grade lasers.
The FDA approved device is flexible and easy to use. It is also comfortable and suitable for both men and women. The device has soft touch teeth that gently treat the hair for regrowth and for hair thickness.
In 12 to 16 weeks, you can notice the results from using the band effectively. To maintain the results, you have to use the laserband indefinitely.
- Easy to use–The laserband is easy to use ad it comes with a user manual to make it even easier
- Promotes and revitalises hair growth–The laser band stimulates the follicles for new growth of hair and hair loss treatment. The lasers also help to increase the hair density and reverse the hair thinning process. It also revitalises any damaged hair giving it back life.
- Fast–The laserband treats the hair loss problem is as little as 90 seconds
- Easily portable–It is cordless, lightweight and easy to carry everywhere.
- Limited effects–People derive varying results from the laserband with some saying it works perfectly while others say the opposite
- Expensive–The laserband is costly
How to use
Plug the laserband into the power port to charge it and after it charges fully, switch it on to start using. Place the band in different positions on the scalp to the most three, and let the band rest in each position for 30 seconds. The whole treatment should take about 90 seconds.
Repeat the treatment sessions three times a week and always keep the laserband clean.
There are 31 reviews on the laserband with mixed reactions. The average rating is 3.9 stars with 57% of the customers giving the laserband a five star rating. The positive reviews say the device works but you have to have patience while others say it is the best investment they ever made. The negative reviews are on the cost and its lack of effectiveness.
What are the HairMax laser side effects?
One of the most frequently asked question is about the HairMax laser comb side effects. You can count on HairMax laser devices to help you save money on hair loss treatment in a doctor’s clinic without worrying about any side effects. All you need to do is be very careful when using the devices to avoid burning the scalp
Wrapping it up
The HairMax laser devices use low-level laser therapy to penetrate into the follicles to thicken hair, stimulate growth and treat hair loss. Though expensive, the brands are worth every penny and some of the most sought after laser treatment devices in the market.